Tuesday 10 June 2014

Dandelions


Dandelions always fascinate me. These lovely, tiny, humble, wild flowers represent survival, strength, and renewal. I'm afraid my writing skills at poetry are woefully inadequate, much less even offer a semblance of civilized verse. I struggle to learn from my friends Rita Krocha and Temjen Anichar, and my accomplished doyens Monalisa Changkija and Temsula Ao whose middle names are poetry, and justified by their accomplishments as persons of verse in the industry. Nonetheless, I dedicate this small "poem" (or whatever it appears to be) to the wonderful woman I love. (Image source: Baldmountainretreat

                                                        Wherever you are,
                                                        I hope you hear me.
                                                        No matter how far,
                                                        I hope you see,
                                                        My name, from afar.

                                                        I call out your name,
                                                        As wandering winds do,
                                                        When the storms they hide,
                                                        Struggle to break through.

                                                        I call out your name,
                                                        For reasons, just the same.

                                                        I hope you hear me.
                                                        I bring nothing,
                                                        But dandelions so tiny,
                                                        And joyful they sing.

                                                        I hope you hear me,
                                                        It is I.
                                                        Poverty stalks my gift,
                                                        But It is all, I can give.

                                                        I just wanted to know,
                                                        How you have been.

                                                        I cry your name,
                                                        From this naffer alley.
                                                        Lonesome is the path,
                                                        On which men of war rally;
                                                        Littered with spirits broken,
                                                        And scattered stories unspoken.

                                                        Fondness, has no regret;
                                                        Faith, owes no secret.
                                                        I remember you,
                                                        I remember your heart, too.

                                                        I hope you’re in goodness;
                                                        I hope you hear my wishes.
                                                        I only wanted to say ‘hello’,

                                                        And gift you these dandelions,
                                                        That smile from meadows so yellow,
                                                        That smile from meadows so yellow.

© 2014 Color of Dandelions Al Ngullie © 2012 Al Ngullie 


No comments:

Post a Comment